Tieline's Merlin designed to deliver rock solid, high fidelity IP audio over an extensive range of public and private IP networks. Merlin also supports connections over ISDN with optional plug-in modules. The 1RU Merlin rack mount IP codec delivers high quality bidirectional stereo and full duplex communications for point-to-point and remote broadcast connections. It is ideal for studio and remote truck installations and delivers:
- High fidelity point-to-point stereo, or
- Point-to-point stereo plus a separate bidirectional IFB channel, or
- Up to two mono connections to different Tieline IP codecs, or smartphones using Report-IT.
Merlin Features at a Glance:
- High reliability over IP networks without Quality of Service
- Support for ISDN network connections
- Powerful audio and data routing
- Simple local or remote command and control
- Recallable connection programs
1 x Stereo peer-to-peer
- 1 x stereo peer-to-peer bidirectional connection plus a bidirectional mono IFB comms channel
Dual Ethernet Ports
- Simultaneously connect over different Telcos using separate LAN ports for diversity using SmartStream PLUS
Module Compatible *
- Expand connectivity options with optional ISDN Modules
Dual Redundant Power Supplies
- Dual Power Supplies to protect you in case one fails
Wi-Fi (USB Dongle)
- Expand your network options and connect over Wi-Fi networks
- Silence, Detection, PSU Failure, Lost connection, Temperature, AES Input Lost, AES Reference Lost, SNMP
Reliability and Connectivity
Merlin will connect to all Tieline IP broadcast codecs, including G3, Bridge-IT and Genie codecs and Report-IT Enterprise smartphone applications.
It has dual 1 Gigabit (10/100/1000) onboard Ethernet ports, dual redundant power supplies, audio silence detection and IP network backup solutions to ensure you’re always on the air. An automated network failure detection feature provides switching to a backup IP LAN connection. You can also fail over to backup ISDN connections as required using optional ISDN modules.
SmartStream PLUS redundant streaming
Connect two inexpensive IP links to codecs with SmartStream PLUS and stream simultaneous redundant data streams from dual Ethernet ports and deliver seamless redundancy when streaming over IP.
Merlin is specifically designed to deliver a wide variety of point-to-point and remote broadcast connections over the full suite of wired and wireless IP networks, including:
- Public Wide Area Networks (WANs)
- Private Local Area Networks (LANs)
- Cellular wireless Networks 
- Wi-Fi and WiMAX Networks 
 Requires 3rd party device
Bond multiple interfaces with Fuse-IP
Imagine the peace of mind knowing you can bond Ethernet ports or Wi-Fi from different Telcos and let Tieline’s Fuse-IP technology automatically manage the data capability of each link!
- Dimensions: 19” x 1.75” x 13.5” [482mm (W) x 44mm (H) x 343mm (D) including rear connectors]
- Weight: 6lb 7.7oz/2.94Kg
- Power: Dual AC 100-240V IEC power inlets; 1A - 50-60Hz
- Operating temp:0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)
- Humidity: 20% ≤RH ≤70% (0 to 35°C/32°F to 95°F), non-condensing
- IP Algorithms: Tieline Music, Tieline MusicPLUS, G.711, G.722, MPEG-1 Layer 2, MP3, LC-AAC, HE-AAC and HE-AACv2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELD, Opus, 16/24 bit aptX Enhanced
- IP (uncompressed): Linear PCM16/24 bit 48/96kHz sampling
Buy your Tieline Merlin at the right price from your Tieline experts in Brisbane - Totally Technical.
For more detailed information on Tieline Merlin, please visit the manufacturer's website.
|Brand||Tieline IP Audio Codecs|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Totally Technical users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.